The HQ wing was established in 2016 to serve as the central hub for the coordination of activities among different departments of PFA.
What we do
- To assist Director General in the formulation of new SOPs or policies
- To coordinate with other wings of PFA for routine assignments
- To redress the grievances of Food operators regarding penal actions
- To redress and review miscellaneous applications given by the Food operators
- To redress the grievances of vendors during the procurement process
The IT wing comprises of technical and support staff providing 24/7 IT-related services. The aim of the IT wing is to do its part to fulfill the PFA mission and vision statements.
Responsibilities and Functions of the IT Section
- Android Apps
- Web Portal
- PFA Portal Support
- Technical Support
- Installation and troubleshooting of PCs and smart devices
- Citizen Portal
- License Certificate
The Punjab Food Authority has been established under the provisions of the “Punjab Food Authority Act, 2011” with the objective of protecting public health and providing safe and standardized food to the whole of Punjab. It is important to mention here that public health and food safety are fundamentally important in any civilized society, and a great responsibility also lies on the state to ensure that food sellers, retailers, manufacturers, etc. prepare and sell food in clean, hygienic, and sanitary conditions as per the notified standards.”
Responsibilities /What We Do
- Drafting and vetting of appeals, writ petitions, written statements, as well as para-wise comments
- Formulation of regulations under the Punjab Food Authority Act, 2011
- Drafting of replies to Assembly questions and adjournment motions
- To present PFA in all courts
- To render legal opinions.