- Audit wing was established under the provision of clause 9 of PFA Regulations-2017 in September, 2017.
- It conducts Pre-Audit, Post-Audit of all financial claims and tenders advice to competent authority for compliance of applicable financial rules.
- Pre Audit of all payments, procurement and all Personal Claims of employees on day to day basis.
- Preparation and vetting of working papers of all audit paras.
- Participation in SDAC/DAC meetings and follow-up.
- Assistance of all wings in annual external audit by the DG Audit Punjab.
- Assistance to all wings of PFA in conducting Audit from Chartered Accountant Firm.
- Inspection program of field formations.
- Tendering Advice to the Director General for compliance of Rules. (FR, SR, TR & Other Regulations, Instructions and Orders issued by Finance Department, Govt. of the Punjab from time to time)
- Training programs for PFA officials at Head office and district level on Financial Matters.