The Punjab Food Authority in Hafizabad is celebrating Iodine Awareness Week. As part of this celebration, a seminar on iodine awareness was conducted. The seminar focused on addressing the Universal Salt Iodization Program (USIP) and micronutrient deficiency (MI). The speakers at the seminar included the Deputy Director Operations, Nutrition Trainee Officer, and Assistant Master Trainer from the Punjab Food Authority in Hafizabad.
During the seminar, key points were addressed, including:
1. Introduction to micronutrient iodine
2. Role of iodine in the human body
3. Symptoms of iodine deficiency in all age groups
4. Dietary management of iodine deficiency
5. Salt iodization program
6. Role of iodine in thyroid and goiter
7. Preventative measurements.
After the seminar, there was a question and answer session, and nutrition assessment of all Food Business Operators (FBOs) was conducted. Additionally, diet plans were provided on demand.